Delight your students with five authentic and easy-to-make recipes from the Modern World:
• Sukumi Wiki (the essential African dish)
• Tomato and Basil Crostini (the ultimate toast from Europe)
• Stir-Fried Bean Sprouts from Asia
• Lamingtons (sweet cakes from Australia)
• Apple Pie (as patriotic as the stars and stripes!)
Additional information about the foods of the period gives students historical context. If you want to cook in the classroom, no problem!—parent permission slips and FDA Kitchen & Safety Rules are also included.
Recipes From The Modern World is excerpted from COOKING UP SOME WORLD HISTORY, which provides 50 authentic recipes from 19 distinct periods of World history.
Cooking Up Some World History: Recipes From The Modern World
- Grades Pre-K- 6
- 14 Pages
- 5 Kid-Friendly Recipes!
- Printed to Fit 4" x 6" Recipe Cards
- Historical Contexts and Classroom Connections
- Part of the Cooking Up Some History Cookbook Series
- eBook/PDF Download