A complete lesson about the world's first language that begins with an AMAZING WORLD RECORD OF LANGUAGE—
The World's First Language—Sign Language!
The world record wows students and the following activities build on their interest.
Three student activity sheets:
• The World's First Language
• Understanding Iconic Language
• Comparing Possible Early Forms of Languages
Includes teaching guide and answer key.
Aligned with the NCTE/IRA Standards.
FIRST LANGUAGE is excerpted from AMAZING WORLD RECORDS OF LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE.
FIRST LANGUAGE: SIGN LANGUAGE—Language and Literature Worksheets and Activities
- Grades 5-9
- 10 Pages
- 3 Reproducible Activity Sheets
- Hands-On Projects
- Teaching Guides
- Complete Answer Key
- Meets the National Council of Teachers of English/International Reading Association Standards
- Part of the Amazing World Records Series of Books
- eBook/PDF Download