A complete lesson about the world's first writing that begins with an AMAZING WORLD RECORD OF LANGUAGE—
The World's First Writing—Sumerian Cuneiform!
The world record wows students and the following activities build on their interest.
Three student activity sheets:
• The World's First Writing
• Reading Cuneiform
• Symbols in Your Community
Includes teaching guide and answer key.
Aligned with the NCTE/IRA Standards.
WORLD'S FIRST WRITING is excerpted from AMAZING WORLD RECORDS OF LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE.
WORLD'S FIRST WRITING: SUMERIAN CUNEIFORM—Language & Literature Worksheets
- Grades 5-9
- 11 Pages
- 3 Reproducible Activity Sheets
- Hands-On Projects
- Teaching Guides
- Complete Answer Key
- Aligned with the NCTE/IRA Standards
- Part of the Amazing World Records Series of Books
- eBook/PDF Download